If your hp envy 5660 printer appears offline, there may be several reasons. In this article, tips and tricks on how to turn printer offline to online and running again. Sometimes the printer can “pretend to be a gopher”: it is there, but we do not see it online. What to do in this case, how to make the printer “appear” again?
If your printer is connected to a computer via a USB port. Check if the connection is good. Sometimes the problem may lie in the unstable operation of a particular port. Try connecting your device through a different port. If at the same time your printer goes into sleep mode, and when connected to a new USB port is still not recognized, turn it off and on again, or even reconnect it to your computer and get hp envy 5660 printer back offline to online.
How to get my HP Envy 5660 online
To force your windows 10 to re-detect the printer and check its settings. Go to the Windows control panel and click on the “Printers and other devices” icon. Follow the steps given below and fix hp envy 5660 printer offline issues.
- To open the Control Panel in Windows 10, click on the Windows button and enter “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Find yourself in the computer control panel menu. The same method works for Windows 8.
- To access the Computer Control Panel in Windows 7, simply click on the “Start” button.
- When you have entered the “Control Panel”, right-click on the icon of your printer and click “Printer Properties” in the menu that appears
- Under the Security tab, the check-box should be set to Allow
- If that doesn’t work, reinstall the printer drivers. To do this, follow the installation instructions in the operating instructions for the device.
Why does my HP Envy 5660 says offline
WLAN envy printer says offline. If a hp printer, which can be controlled via Wi-Fi, “fools”, the problem is often hidden in the connection to the network. Make sure the printer and router are turned on. The printer must be on the same Wi-Fi network as the computer. To do this, when connecting the device, you must enter the IP address and password of the wireless network. You can find out exactly how this works in the instruction manual for your printer.
HP Envy 5660 printer keeps going offline
Many possible causes and simple solutions. Some printers will display offline if the ink cartridge drops below a certain level. By default, such errors are shown on the display of the device. Also, check to see if the printer has paper and can feed correctly. So, if the printer is keeps going offline, there can be many reasons for this. With the tips here, you can try to get it back online. If these tips did not help, contact the support service or look in the operating instructions for information on possible errors and their elimination.