When you encounter this error, uninstalling and reinstalling the device does not appear to be working. Sometimes even the computer screen freezes and prevents you from continuing with your system. But fortunately, there are some simple ways to fix hp printer offline problems in an error state in Windows 10. You can see the solution to another error – the HP Printer is offline in Windows 10.
What to do when hp officejet 6960 keeps going offline
The person responsible for displaying the notification may be the printer himself. Therefore, first of all, you need to make sure that all the cables and printer connections are tight and do not have any gaps and fix hp 6960 offline issues.
- After receiving the error message, check if the printer is in On mode.
- The printer cable is properly inserted into the system.
- The device is not running out of ink or paper, the papers are not jammed and the lid is closed.
Turn Hp 6960 offline to online
- Click on the Start icon In the taskbar, press devmgmt.msc, and press Enter.
- Once the Device Manager appears showing the list of devices in alphabetical order.
- Click on the “View” menu then “Show hidden devices” from the drop-down menu.
- Here, find Ports (LPT), right-click and select Properties in the context menu. This will start the Properties wizard.
- In the Properties window, go to the Port Settings tab.
- Now check the box a little while ago Activate the Legacy Plug & Play and click OK.
- Finally, restart your PC to save the setting change and hopefully, your printer is working properly.
Setup and Install the drivers and fix hp 6960 offline
Click on your printer from the list in the Device Manager to expand it. After expanding, you will see the printer connected to your computer, right-click on it and select uninstall in the context menu.
- A pop-up warning window that says, “You are about to uninstall this device from your system.” Select “Yes” and allow the driver to completely uninstall. Note – Make sure you have not checked the “Remove driver software for this device” box just before.
- Restart your PC and check if the Printer in Error Status is a thing of the past and you can get started. If you encounter the error again, follow the other method.
Download the latest hp 6960 printer drivers
You may get a printer notification on error status in Windows 10 due to an older driver. So go to the manufacturer’s website from where you bought it and search for the right product. Once you find the right driver, download, install, and check the printer for errors. Follow a guide to find Fix for – Items stuck in the printer queue file in Windows 10.
Most of the time when urgent printing is needed it is very frustrating to look at this message banner. In Windows 10, these types of clutter are common and we have already written many fixes for them. These solutions for Printer in Error State Windows 10 are their part, so kindly write them below if you find them useful.