One of the simplest solutions to the problem is to set the printer to default and fix printer offline problem. A hp deskjet f300 marked ‘a default printer’. Where the computer submits all its tasks automatically without you having to choose. According to HP’s official documentation and numerous user reports, setting the printer as a ‘Default’ printer fixes the problem.
- Press Windows + R, type “control” In the dialog box, and press Enter to open the control panel. After you are in the control panel, select Devices and Printers from the list of available sub-options.
- Once you have set the settings, click on the Printer device, right-click and select Set as default printer.
- Now restart your printer and check if the printer appears online on your system.
How to fix hp deskjet f300 offline to online
Set the IP address and install latest printer driver and turn printer online in windows and mac. If the printer is set as default but still gives problems, this probably means that the printer’s assigned IP address is incorrect or the latest firmware is not installed. The latest firmware should be installed in all cases on your printer as it contains code bug fixes and support for a later Windows operating system.
- Open “My PC” or “My Computer” and click on the Present Network tab on the left side of the scree
- printer will be placed here. Double-click on it and it will install the latest firmware for some models. In some cases, a web page will open in your default browser, which will contain access to the printer.
- Click on the Network tab present at the top of the screen and select the Wireless subcategory. IP addresses and other network-related information will be displayed here. Copy this information.
- Now press Windows + R, type “control” In the dialog box, and press Enter. After the control panel appears, click on “Devices and Printers” and select Add a printer.
- Note: You must delete the existing printer so that we can add it again using the IP address.
- The printer will not be detected by many possibilities. If so, just click on it and the computer will connect. If it does not appear, select “The printer I want is not marked”.
- Now choose the “Add a printer using TCP / IP address or hostname” option.
- Enter the IP address details we listed earlier and enter them here. Once you have entered the IP address, click Next.
- If the connection is successful, a list of printer drivers will be displayed. Select the appropriate driver or click Windows Update for Windows to automatically detect/add drivers.
- After adding, check if you can use the printer without any hassle.
If the firmware does not update automatically, go to the official HP website, locate your printer, and install the required software.
hp deskjet f300 offline issues
When hp deskjet f300 is offline printer also uses the SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) protocol for its operations similar to other printers. Many indications disabling this protocol fixes the problem. Let’s take a look.
- Open the control panel and click on Devices and Printers. Once in the printer’s window, locate your HP printer, right-click and select Properties.
- After entering the settings, click on Ports, now with your IP specified, click on Configure Ports and select the SNMP Status option enabled.
- Press OK to save the changes and exit. Now right-click on the printer and try connecting. If possible, power up your printer properly before proceeding.