- Navigate to Devices and Printers as we did earlier, right-click on the printer and click See what you are printing.
- In the new window that opens, click Printer and click Cancel All Documents.
- Now you need to check if you can use the printer perfectly. If you can not, right-click on it and select Remove device.
- Now add the printer using the IP Address in the second solution or add the printer back to the network completely.
How do i fix my hp 6970 printer is offline problem
In some cases, there may be many printers connected to your computer due to which you may not be able to properly recognise your sibling printer. Therefore, in this step, we will select the right printer from the list of connected printers on our computer.
- Be sure to disconnect all other printing equipment connected to the computer before starting.
- Now, press the “Windows” key and the “R” key on your keyboard to open the Run prompt.
- Type “Control” and press “Login”.
- Click on the “View from:” option at the top right and select “Small Icons”.
- Choose the “Devices and Printers” option from the following screen.
- Here, place the pointer overall installed printers and check for “Status: Ready” information is displayed when you place the pointer over one of the printers.
- The printer that shows “Almost” status when the pointer hovers over it is the one currently being used by the computer.
- If that printer is not the Brother printer, right-click on it and select “Disable device”.
- Check and see if the printer comes online after you have turned off the other one.
What to do when hp 6970 printer says offline
In certain situations, your printer may be interrupted or configured to operate offline. This can sometimes prevent the Brother printer from working properly and show it offline. Therefore, in this step, we will remove both of these restrictions from the printer.
- Press “Windows” + “R” to start the execution prompt.
- Type “Control” and press “Login” to launch it.
- Tap on “View from:” and pick the “Large Icons” option from the list.
- Click on the “Devices and Printers” option and right-click on the printer.
- Click on “See What You’re Printing” and then click on the “Printer” tab
- Choose the “Use Printer Offline” and “Stop Printer” options.
- Save your settings and close from this window.
- Check and see if doing so has fixed the problem with your Brother printer appearing offline.
Troubleshoot hp 6970 printer is offline on mac
It is also possible that the correct printer was not selected on your mac OS due to this issue. Therefore, in this step, select the appropriate printer driver from the printer configuration panel.
- Choose “Apple Menu” on your mac OS and click on the “System Preferences” menu.
- Click on “Print & Scan Printers & Scanners” and then select your Brother Printer in the Printers section.
- After selecting the printer, click on the “Print” option in the right pane and check which driver is listed before the “Type:” entry.
- If “Air Driver” is being ranked, it means that the right driver is not being ranked.
- Now, click on the “Plus” button at the bottom left of the left panel where we selected the printer.
- Now, select the “Default” option from above and select your printer from the Names list.
- Also, make sure the “Brother MFC xxxxx + CUPS” driver is selected from the “Use” list.
- Click on “Add” and the printer should now be installed with the appropriate driver.
Review and observe if doing so fixes the problem for you.
Hp 6970 printer shows offline but is connected
Sometimes the issue may lie within the Windows printer configuration on your computer. Therefore, it is better to let the default Windows solver understand the problems with your printer. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Press “Windows” + “I” to open the settings.
- In the settings, click on the “Update & Security” option and select “Troubleshooting” from the left side
- Click on the “Printer” option in the list and then select the “Run Troubleshooter” button that appears after you click on the printer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and let the Troubleshooter run fully.
- It will automatically detect any configuration issues with the printer and should fix them completely.
- Check and see if the error has been corrected by doing so.
Steps to fix hp 6970 printer is offline
- Cycling power completely your computer system. This is known for troubleshooting where instead of the printer, the computer is to blame.
- Checking network expiration settings Many routers have an expiration period when they close a port if not used for some time. Disable that setting.
- Reset your network settings and reconfigure the WLAN connection.
- Check your printer network connection again and again. This is responsible for most of the problems. It is also advisable to connect the printer to your computer using a USB